Taking that into consideration I thought that my next Brand Focus post should be devoted to Benefit Cosmetics to help you find and select some real gems among their offering, especially if you encounter this brand for the first time.
![]() |
| Hoola Bronzing Powder |
1) Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder. This is probably one of the most famous bronzers out there and my first ever product from Benefit Cosmetics. It definitely deserves its cult status. Hoola is completely matte and relatively dark which makes it perfect for contouring. The colour seems more on the cool side but I detect some slight orange hue which may be visible on very pale complexions. Nevertheless, the formula is very smooth and buttery and I have experienced no problems blending it into my skin. Finally, it is quite long-lasting, with up to 6-8 hours of wear time.
Buy it here
![]() |
| Rockateur Blush |
2) Benefit Rockateur Blush. You all know that I love Rockateur as it has become a staple blush colour for me this winter but in this post I would like to recommend all Benefit powder blushes, whether it is Coralista, a perfect peachy-coral blush or Hervana, a pinkie pick-me-up colour; they are all well-pigmented, easy to apply and blend and look just so beautiful. I personally suggest trying Rockateur and Coralista but I'm sure everyone can find something that suits their need and skin tone.
Buy it here
![]() |
| Fake Up Concealer in Light |
3) Benefit Fake Up Concealer in Light. This product is quite controversial as many people seem to dislike it. I, however, absolutely love it. Despite having quite oily complexion I suffer from dry skin around my eyes and this concealer, being a combination of colour base and moisturizing balm provides perfect coverage of my dark circles, while nourishing as well as brightening the under-eye area. The concealer is available in three shades: Light, Medium and Dark but Light seems to be the only colour match for me, even when I'm tanned. Limited range of colours is one of the biggest problems I have with the brand, but overall Fake Up is really worth checking out.
The concealer can be purchased here.
![]() |
| Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P |
4) Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P. Benefit recently came out with a new, re-formulated and re-packaged line of their cream eyeshadows and it has been a huge success. They added some new, wearable colours and changed the packaging to something more comfortable and accessible (see narrow jars of Bobbi Brown cream shadows for comparison) which already puts Benefit as a front-runner when it comes to cream eyeshadows. What really makes Creaseless Cream Shadow so special, however, is its long-lasting formula. This shadow does not budge. It is easy to blend, but once it's on, the colour stays in the same form for more than 10 hours. R.S.V.P is a lovely beige/rosy colour with a slight shimmer that looks great on its own or paired up with some powder eyeshadow.
Buy it here:
![]() |
| They're Real Mascara |
5) Benefit They're Real Mascara. This is one of those products that do not have to be introduced. They're Real was definitely one of the top mascaras of 2013 in the beauty blogging community and have won many praises among its users. Pictured above is a miniature version but I've had a full-size product as well. I really like this mascara. It elongates the lashes, separates them nicely and has a good staying power. The brush is very easy to manoeuvre with and the general effect is natural but visible. I also like the formula of the mascara which is neither too watery nor too thick. Of course, as it is usually with mascaras, some people are going to like it and some people may hate it but I do recommend giving it a go.
Can be purchased here.
And here are the swatches of the bronzing powder, blush, concealer and eyeshadow:
![]() |
| From left: Hoola Bronzing Powder, Rockateur Blush, Fake Up Concealer in Light and Creaseless Cream Shadow in R.S.V.P |







No comments:
Post a Comment