Search This Blog

Thursday, 28 November 2013

TOP 5 - Lipsticks for Autumn/Winter

Remember how I said that I liked changing the colour of my nail polish depending on the time of the year? Well, the same rules applies to lipsticks. Here is a pick of my 5 favourite lipsticks for this season. Read more for pictures and swatches.


Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. When Revlon released their Lip Butters they instantly became a best-seller and, after having tried a few colours, I admit they are worth the hype. Revlon Lip Butters were nourishing like lip balms but opaque like lipsticks (although this can differ from colour to colour). Berry Smoothie is a muted plum colour with quite a decent colour pay-off. It is such an easy lipstick, easy to put on and matches almost any make-up look. The only negative thing I can say about the formula is its softness which makes them melt and break easily.
Revlon Berry Smoothie


Make-Up Atelier Lipstick in Lolita. Now this one is a bit of a black sheep in this collection. Not the typical autumn/winter colour this muted peachy/coral lipstick is my go to product when I need some pick-me up. It has instant brightening effect and, based on the worn-out packaging - you can tell I love it a lot. It was a present from my dear friend who swears by Make-Up Atelier products and I have to say she is right. The formula is smooth, moisturizing but opaque and the colour is really unique. 

Make-Up Atelier Lolita


NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita - now this is a new addition to my collection, which I mentioned in my previous post about Sephora Superstars gift set. This is a perfect your-lips-but-better colour, not too red, not to pink, not too brown. It is semi-sheer but the colour is actually quite visible when on the lips. Moisturizing although not very long-lasting, Dolce Vita is a perfect companion for dark smokey eyes or "no-make-up" make-up.

NARS Dolce Vita



M.A.C Lipstick in Syrup is my favourite M.A.C lipstick at the moment. I got it in my back-to-M.A.C deal and I instantly fell in love with it. It is purple but with a mix of nude and just a dash of pink. It looks natural on the lips and the formula (Syrup is a lustre finish) is moisturizing and glossy. As for the lasting power, I usually have to re-apply it after 2-3 hours. The colour is quite sheer which I love as I can apply it without a mirror. As with every M.A.C lipstick Syrup has a pleasant, sweet vanilla scent.

M.A.C Syrup



M.A.C Lipstick in Rebel. This is the only dark lipstick I present here. I do love a dark lippie (reds, pinks, purples) but I generally find them to be high-maintenance when worn during the day. Rebel is a dark deep berry-like purple with a hint of pink in it. It is vampy but elegant and just looks so unique and winter-appropriate. The finish is satin which, in M.A.C terminology, means semi-matte finish, good colour pay-off and reasonably moisturizing formula. It has a 4-5 hour wearing time and is definitely 'visible' so I like pairing it up with quite natural eye look. 
 
M.A.C Rebel


And here are the swatches of all five lipsticks:
From left: M.A.C Rebel, M.A.C Syrup, NARS Dolce Vita, Revlon Berry Smoothie,  Make-Up Atelier Lolita
M.A.C Rebel, M.A.C Syrup, NARS Dolce Vita


Revlon Berry Smoothie,  Make-Up Atelier Lolita

Now what are your favourite colours for this season?



No comments:

Post a Comment