Search This Blog

Friday, 3 January 2014

Quick Look: Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

It's here - fresh from the bakery and still smelling new - the latest addition to the Naked family. When I heard that Urban Decay releases Naked 3, I knew I had to have it. When it comes to Urban Decay and their nude palettes I trust the brand so much I don't even feel like checking for similar colours in my collection. I just want them all because I truly believe UD makes the best nude eyeshadows. 



It was easy to predict that the palette which saw its release date in Europe on 16th December (how Christmas appropriate), would sell out in no time. Lucky for me, my husband purchased it during the pre-release sale on lookfantastic.com and I was so excited to find it under the Christmas tree.


And the palette itself:


Naked 3 holds 12 eyeshadows - completely new and never seen before colours - with visible pink undertones. It is significantly different from Naked, Naked 2 and Naked Basics which makes it- in my eyes - totally worth spluring on. Of course, such pinky nudes are not to everybody's liking. Nevertheless, it is great to see that UD decided to make a palette which is a valid alternative to the usual taupes/browns and can actually make an important contribution to someone's make-up collection. 

Here is a close-up of the individual eyeshadows: 
 







The palette comes with the usual double-ended eyeshadow brush. It is very soft but I'm personally not the biggest fun of Urban Decay brushes. I just find them a bit difficult to use. Instead of a miniature UD Primer Potion or  a lip gloss, the palette comes with a sample box of four of their eye primers in Original, Sin, Eden and Anti-Aging which is great if you want to try them all. 


I have only just started playing around with the palette so I don't have that much to say about the quality of the palette yet but so far so good. The eyeshadows are buttery soft, well-pigmented and with a lovely finish. I could only complain about more glittery colours, especially Dust , which I find hard to apply without getting big chunks of glitter all over my face. 


At the moment the palette is available for purchase on www.lookfantastic.com but keep checking other websites which stock Urban Decay products, such as www.beautybay.com for updates on the latest releases. With free shipping worldwide, it retails for £37.00. 


No comments:

Post a Comment