Search This Blog

Saturday, 8 February 2014

Shopping Time - Testing New Products


Every time I go to Stockholm I end up treating myself to some beauty products. I just cannot help myself. Stockholm, being the capital city, has the best selection of shops and unique brands and only there can I smell, swatch and feel some of the products I read about on the Internet. My recent visit was no exception. Truth to be told, one item was a  re-purchase and two I considered 'necessary' as I run out of their predecessors but a few wishlist items ended up in my basket as well.

I usually start my trip with Sephora as I like browsing through NARS, the Benefit Cosmetics and Make-up Forever stands but this time I went for Nails Inc. and their beautiful nail polish shades.

Nails Inc. in Porchester Square and Baker Street
I had two colours on my shopping list: a more classic Porchester Square, which is a muted rosy grey (very work-appropriate) and a neon-blue Baker Street. Notice that all the names refer to the actual streets/places in London - how cool is that? Both of the nail polishes turned out to be beautiful in flesh, especially when combined together. I decided to splurge and grabbed both bottles and so far I am super happy with the purchase. They apply like a dream and have great lasting power although a relatively narrow brush is usually not my favourite. Both of them, in particular Baker Street - are fully opaque with one coat.

I just had to put them on my nails straightaway and here is the initial result:

Nails Inc. in Porchester Square and Baker Street
You can get all Nails Inc. colours online, just click here:

Diptyque Eau Duelle
After leaving Sephora I decided to visit my favourite department store, Nordiska Kompaniet, one of the oldest (if not the oldest) stores of this type in Sweden which is home to many beautiful brands. I just love browsing through their beauty department - it's a true guilty pleasure of mine. Plus NK is the only store in Sweden I know that actually sells brands such as By Terry, Diptyque, Butter London and Tweezerman. It was when I was passing by the Diptyque stand that I got seduced into making a naughty (and totally unplanned) purchase of the day - a bottle of the most sophisticated, luxurious and unique perfume. Diptyque is a French company producing perfumes and scented candles and basing their scents on unusual blends. The perfume I chose is called Eau Duelle and contains notes of vanilla, bergamot, cardamom, pink pepper and even saffron. I've been using it ever since getting it last week and I love how long it lasts on my skin. Diptyque can be purchased via Space NK.

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate








I also had some necessary skincare products to buy so I went to Kiehl's store to try something from their collection. I run out of my serum and I finally decided to try Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate which is a moisturizing and rejuvenating serum with dry-oil consistency that feels light on my skin. I have only just started using it but so far I am very impressed. 

I was also in need of a new day cream and my friend recommended Kiehl's lightweight lotions which have pleasant formula and nourishing properties but which are great under foundation. 

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

I went for the regular version of the Ultra Facial Moisturizer, but you can also get in in an oil-free version. I also love the fact that it costs SEK 220 for 125 ml which is great value for money. 
Buy Kiehl's products online:
Sweden: http://kiehls.se/
UK: http://www.kiehls.co.uk/

M.A.C Brush Cleanser
I visited M.A.C, mainly with only one purchase in mind - M.A.C Brush Cleanser. This is my third or fourth bottle of this product and I find it absolutely amazing for cleaning brushes and disinfecting them. 
Unfortunately (for my wallet, of course:) my friend was working at the M.A.C stand that day and she showed me these amazing metallic creme eyeshadows called M.A.C Paints which I immediately fell in love with:

M.A.C Paints in Bamboom
They are supposed to be very long-lasting and work well as a base for other eyeshadows and alone, as a cream colour. I went for the shade Bamboom, which is a nude light brown with some gold shimmer. See the swatches below: 

M.A.C Paints in Bamboom
You can buy M.A.C online now:
UK: http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk
Poland:http://www.maccosmetics.pl/
Sweden: http://www.maccosmetics.se/

And here is a sneaky picture of me shopping in Sephora...



1 comment: