Search This Blog

Wednesday, 13 November 2013

Make-up of the day


I was just preparing a long post about Internet shopping (coming soon!) when I thought I could add a short note about my daily make-up. Of course, what I wear on my face changes all the time, especially when it comes to eyeshadow and lip colours. Hence, I decided to title the series "make-up of the day" rather than "make-up routine" as -let's be honest- I ain't follow no routine ;).

Top left: Origins Plantscription Concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, Bottom: Artdeco Eyeshadow Base.
So today is Wednesday, a cold but sunny day in Sweden and I work mostly from home. On such days I prefer my make-up to be simple and quick. For my face I used Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in the shade Warm Sand. I love this foundation for its light formula and easy-breezy blending as well as decent durability. It's rather medium coverage but it evens up my complexion and on very good skin days (those, unfortunately, almost never happen) I can skip concealer all together. Not today, however, so I topped up my foundation with some Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair. It's creamy but provides full-coverage of any spots and it's super cheap although hard to find outside Great Britain. Under my eyes I used my favourite from last month, Origins Plantscription Anti-aging Concealer in the shade Light/Medium. I set it with another favourite, Hourglass Ambient Powder in Diffused Light. You can read more about these two products in my October favourites post.


Swatches: Catrice Lipstick in Get the Nudes Paper, Collection Concealer in Fair, Origins Concealer in Light/Medium


 
Hourglass Powder in Diffused Light and Sleek Blush in Rose Gold
As for my cheeks, I opted for Sleek Blush in Rose Gold which gives me nice definition and a bit of natural-looking sheen. As it is a stay-at-home day I decided to skip bronzer and highlighter - I just didn't feel like piling on too many products. I always use eyeshadow base, even under paint pots or other cream eyeshadow, simply because my eyelids are super oily. I went for Artdeco Eyeshadow Base which usually is enough if I know I'm not going to expose my make-up to too harsh conditions. As for my eyelids, these last two months I've been using cream eyeshadow instead of my usual palettes - I find them so beautiful and hassle free. I chose Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Lavish Lilac and put it all over my lid followed by Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Golden bronze in my crease. Both products are very long-lasting, creamy and easy to blend.


I corrected the shape of my eyebrows with M.A.C's Eye Brows pencil in Stud and set it with Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel. 

Left: M.A.C Eye Brows in Stud, Clinique Chubby Stick in Lavish Lilac, Bobbi Brown Shadow Stick in Golden Bronze


From top: M.A.C Eye Brows in Stud, Clinique Chubby Stick in Lavish Lilac, Anastasia Brow Gel, Bobbi Brown Shadow Stick in Golden Bronze



Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara and Catrice Ultimate Shine Lipstick in Get the Nudes Paper!

I finished the look with Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara which I like for lengthening and curling my lushes and I popped some natural, light-pink Catrice Ultimate Shine Lipstick in the shade, Get the Nudes Paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment