Search This Blog

Monday, 4 November 2013

October favourites 2013

Left: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused light, Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Grey Pearl, REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser, Origins Drink Up Intensive, Origins Plantscription Concealer in 02Light/Medium
October is one of my favourite months. It is the month of change. New, warmer clothes, different shades of lipsticks and nail polishes,weather-adjusted skincare. Last month I got to try a number of exciting products, both from the make-up and skincare department. Here comes a list with a brief review of each and every item.


Skincare:


REN Clay Cleanser and Origins Mask
REN Clearcalm 3 Clarifying Clay Cleanser. I think cleansing is my favourite step of the evening skincare routine. I find that removing my make-up and washing my face thoroughly helps my complexion remain bright and break-out free. REN's Clay Cleanser is a great evening/morning cleanser for those with normal/combination/oily skin (it may be a bit drying for dry skin). It's refreshing but calming at the same time and it is an expert at unclogging all those pores while getting rid of any make-up. I even used it on my eyes and didn't notice any irritation. 
Origins Drink Up Intesive Overnight mask. What a miracle worker. Who would know that a person with an oily skin can use an intensive moisturizing mask without clogging the pores or enhancing sebum production. This mask helps when your skin is dry and tired. It is also a great remedy if you undergo some invasive facial treatments (e.g chemical peels). I put a thin layer over clean skin and leave it overnight. Next day I wake up with soft and radiant skin. The mask scores additional cookie points for its amazing fruity scent, a result of a mixture of various oils and rose and orange water. 


Make-up:
Laura Mercier Stick and Origins Concealer

Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Concealer. Another Origins product which stole my heart. I watched so many reviews of this concealer on You Tube that I had to try it. Amazing for masking dark circles while keeping the area moisturized. A little goes a long with this product and it's pretty long-lasting. It is not full-coverage but the effect is very natural. I have the shade 02Light/Medium. 

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Grey Pearl. My latest discovery. I love cream shadows so I was very tempted to try an eyeshadow in a stick form. Application is smooth and the colour pay-off is really good. The formula is creamy so the shadow is easy to blend once on the eyelid but when it dries it stays on for the whole day. I have the colour Grey Pearl which is a lovely beige/lilac combo with a slight metallic finish but there are many other shades in the collection, both in lighter and darker colours. Caviar Stick can be worn as stand-alone eye colour or as a base for other shadows, depending on our mood and needs. Stay tuned for upcoming posts about cream eyeshadows.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light. My absolute favourite although I have to admit that I was a bit surprised when I used it for the first time. I actually thought it doesn't do anything. However, after a while I noticed the difference, followed by some compliements from random people who commented on my radiant complexion. It is an almost transparent powder which is supposed to give a natural lightining effect. I have the shade Diffused Light but there are many more to choose from, ranging from subtle all-over-face powders to more shimmery highlighters. Its only disadvantages are the price (it retails for $45 at Sephora and £38 at Space.NK) and difficult access. At the moment the powder is only available in America, UK, Germany and a few other countries. 

What were your favourite products in October? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment