I do like Lush. I know, that when it comes to this brand, there are those who absolutely adore the whole "Lushy" culture and those that get a headache just from passing by their heavily scented shops. I had an opportunity to try almost everything from their range and I truly enjoyed their unique types of formula, the way the products looked and the way they worked.
While - like with every brand - there are some hits and misses when it comes to Lush, one product stands out and I can sincerely recommend it to everyone - their volumizing shampoo BIG .
Lush BIG Sea Salt Shampoo was one of the first products I ever tried from Lush and it was love at first sight (and sniff :)). The shampoo's citrusy scent is due to all those natural ingredients such as lemon and lime infusion, mandarin oil, and orange flower. It makes hair smell lovely and fruity - like sun and wind and summer at the beach. BIG's volumizing properties are due to sea salt and seaweed infusion. With the actual sea salt particles in it, the shampoo has a scrub-like formula and you can feel it massage your scalp when you wash your hair. The result? A thoroughly clean scalp and hair that is voluminous and fresh. Sea salt is also used as a preservative in BIG which means no parabens are added. It does, however, contain SLS to help the shampoo lather up. Therefore, it's not 100% natural.
Now for the negatives: it is a volumizing shampoo so it does strip your hair - not only off any dirt but also off hair's natural moisture. I like using BIG only once a week to give my scalp proper clean and I usually follow with some nourishing conditioner. You may also find your hair feel a bit coarse in the first hour or two, especially in touch. Finally, don't use it shortly after you've died your hair. Wait at least a week for the colour to set in because BIG is known for washing off freshly applied hair dye.
BIG Sea Salt Shampoo is a classic and a Holy Grail for many and it well deserves its fame. I love it and I will buy it over and over again. I particularly recommend for very oily hair. It can be purchased for £11.50/330g at lush.co.uk. (with international shipping) or in Sweden for SEK 229 at lush.se.




No comments:
Post a Comment