Search This Blog

Sunday, 8 December 2013

Brand focus: top products from NARS

From left:  lipstick in Dolce Vita, Creamy Concealer in Honey, Bronzer Laguna, Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, Blush in Luster
NARS is definitely one of those brands I would like to try almost everything from. Expensive but beautiful, with stunning packaging, great quality and some absolute must-haves. NARS is my particular favourite when it comes to face powders and lip products.I haven't been disappointed with any of my purchases from NARS but there are a few little gems that I feel I can recommend to everybody.
NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey
NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey. I don't use this at the moment as the colour is a bit too dark for my winter complexion but this concealer is really worth all the hype it's been getting in the online community. It is quite a recent release from NARS but has already managed to gather a large group of faithful users, mainly due to its two major features: great coverage and creamy, moisturizing consistency. As a result, the concealer helps me hide my blemishes and redness without highlighting dry patches. It is really long-lasting too - despite its creamy formula. It stays put all day and, in the summer, I can get away with only wearing the concealer and skipping my foundation. I tried it under my eyes and, despite being quite heavy, it worked really well in terms of covering my dark circles and moisturizing the delicate area around my eyes.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Honey

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. This is, hands down, the best eyeshadow base I have ever tried. As you know, I have really oily eyelids and struggle often with longevity of my eye make-up. While I like using UD Primer Potion or Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance, only NARS gives me 10-12 hours of no smudging or creasing. It comes in a form of thin white liquid that has slightly silicone feel to it when blended on the eyelid. The packaging is very practical with an easy-to-use applicator. I usually apply a tiny bit directly on my eyelid, blend it with my finger and let it set for a minute before I apply anything else. I recommend it for weddings and other important events as it really works well with heavy make-up and tears - I know it, I've tested it.

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

NARS Bronzer in Laguna. A product that does not have to be introduced, Laguna is a staple in NARS offering and is one of their bestsellers. It is a contour powder/bronzer with a satin finish and colour that is neither too cold nor too warm. This makes it work well with many skin tones. I use it even in the winter time and it doesn't seem to show too orange or red on my skin. When in the package I can detect some golden micro-flecks they are not visible once on the face. I love the large rectangular packaging; it makes it easy to work the powder with slightly bigger or fluffier brushes. The formula is long-lasting and very easy to blend. I use it both to contour my face and as a bronzing powder to add a bit of colour to my face. 

NARS blush in Luster and NARS brozner in Laguna

NARS Blush in Luster. NARS is well-known for their great quality blushes and for their notoriously inappropriate names (see Orgasm and Deep Throat) but Luster is the one I would choose over any other from their range. It is so unique - a perfect peachy mandarin colour with a satin finish and incredible pigmentation. You need to use a light hand when applying it but the result is a natural, sun-kissed look on your cheeks that lasts all day. 

NARS Blush in Luster and NARS brozner in Laguna

NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita. The newest item in my NARS collection, this lipstick has it all: a perfect, everyday colour, moisturizing formula, sleek packaging and decent staying power. I got it in a gift set from Sephora but it is available individually as a part of NARS regular line. More photos (including swatches) of this lipstick can be found here and here.

NARS lipstick in Dolce Vita
 NARS has so much in their offering and now I am tempted to try their foundations and matte lip pencils. They are on the pricey side (in Sweden NARS products are available at Sephora and cost between SEK 200-450 depending on the product) but they are worth every penny. Have you ever tried anything else from their line?

No comments:

Post a Comment