Search This Blog

Monday, 9 December 2013

November favourites 2013

Left: NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner, La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, Lernberger Stafsing Blowdry. Front: Benefit Rockateur, O.P.I Make Him Mine
I'm sorry to come so late with my favourites but, as the saying goes, "better late than never." Here comes a list of products I particularly enjoyed in November. I chose something from skincare, haircare and, of course, make-up. You will probably notice that some products have already appeared in my previous posts - I guess this is a clear sign I am really obsessed with them.

Skincare:

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner
Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner. This toner saved my skin in November when I suffered from some painful breakouts. My skin was irritated and this thing really worked its magic. It is very gentle, refreshing and calming on the skin and helps to reduce redness. This toner is perfect for both day and night and I will definitely buy a new bottle once I run out of the one I have now. A 250 ml can be purchased at kiehls.co.uk for £15 and at kiehls.se for SEK 155. Read more about this and other Kiehl's products here.
 La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo

La Roche-Posey Effaclar Duo. Together with Kiehl's toner, this light but powerful cream/treatment helps me fight blemishes and general sensitivity caused by my skin breaking out. The cream is aimed at people with problematic skin and I notice a significant improvement of my complexion every time I use it. I've gone through at least four tubes of this cream and every time the results are amazing. As  is not very moisturizing I prefer to apply it during the day and use heavier cream at night.  I recommend using your regular sunscreen with it just to make sure you have some sun protection.

Haircare:

Lernberger Stafsing Blowdry
Lernberger Stafsing Blowdry Volumizing & Thickening Spray. I discovered this spray through my dear friend Danijela who really knows her thing about haircare and hair styling. This product is a mix of conditioner, heat-protecting spray and hair spray. It has light formula so it doesn't leave your hair feel dry or stiff but, if used before blow-drying or styling, it can really help your hairdo last through the day. It's especially great for making your curls hold better. I spray it directly on damp hair and follow with a hair dryer. It has a subtle, pleasant scent (with mandarin, amber and jasmine), some sleek-looking packaging and convenient pump that distributes the product evenly. 200 ml bottle costs SEK 170 (around $28) and can be purchased at any major drugstore or pharmacy in Sweden. For online and international shopping I recommend Lernberger Stafsing website or nelly.com which ships to other European countries. 

Make-up:

Left: NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and  Benefit Rockateur,
NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I talked about this eyeshadow primer in my previous post on top NARS products. I described it there as the best of the best in its category. I use it under both cream and powder eyeshadow to ensure longevity of my eye make-up. It prevents smudging or creasing for up to 12 hours. I love its thin formula and easy-to-use applicator. Remember to allow a minute between applying your base and your eyeshadow so that the primer has time to dry and set. 

NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
 Benefit Cheek Powder in Rockateur. I generally love blushes but, as I tend to switch between different colours on everyday basis, I usually find it hard choose one favourite. Or shall I say: "I used to find it hard to choose" as last month I became obsessed with Benefit's blush in Rockateur. A perfect colour for winter, Rockateur is muted pink/rose gold with slight shimmer (almost undetectable) and satin finish. You can tell from the photos that I have been using it constantly, to the extent that you can no longer see a beautiful inscription on the surface. The formula is very soft, almost buttery and the wear time is up to 5-6 hours without any touch-ups. It even smells beautiful. The packing is a standard Benefit cardboard box which you either love or hate. You can buy it at Sephora (US, Sweden, Poland) or online via benefit.com and feelunique.com.
Benefit Rockateur


Benefit Rockateur

Nail polish:

O.P.I Liquid Sand in Make Him Mine

O.P.I Liquid Sand Nail Polish in Make Him Mine. I've never been fond of those 'special effects' nail polishes but somehow Make Him Mine just stole my heart. It is a part of O.P.I's successful Liquid Sand line and Mariah Carrey collection for winter 2013 (check my Christmas Nails post for more colours from the collection). It is rose gold, opaque micro-glitter which dries textured and semi-matte. I like to use a top coat with it as I don't like the scratchy finish. My nails look absolutely stunning, glittery and festive. At the same time, due to its colour, Make Him Mine can be day-appropriate. It lasts up to 6 days on my nails with Seche Vite top coat.
 
O.P.I Liquid Sand in Make Him Mine
What were your favourites in November?

No comments:

Post a Comment