Search This Blog

Friday, 6 December 2013

Christmas nails

Me and my husband are going to a Christmas party tonight and I felt inspired to do my nails 'festive-style'. And then I thought: why not to share it with you? I might have gone a bit crazy there with colours and glitter but I just love the way it turned out.

Left: O.P.I Ski Slope Sweetie, IsaDora Merry Red, Essie Aperitif, China Glaze Glittering Garland

Now for the photos of all the individual colours:
China Glaze Glittering Garland

China Glaze Glittering Garland is a beautiful 'christmas tree' green with some green micro-glitter. Originally, this was a part of a limited edition set I received as a present two years ago but China Glaze comes with similar Christmas-inspired colours every year. Plus, you can probably find it online (check my previous blogpost on shopping online). Personally, I'm not the biggest fun of China Glaze polish, especially their long thin brush. It just doesn't last on me very well and I find it quite a pain to paint my nails in a precise way. Glittering Garland has particularly thin formula but the colour is so pretty that it's worth all the additional work.


Essie Aperitif and IsaDora Merry Red
Essie Aperitif and IsaDora Merry Red (close-up)
IsaDora Merry Red. This is a true red with subtle red sparkles that just look beautiful both in natural and artificial light. The formula is on a thin side so I tend to combine it with Essie's Aperitif to make it more opaque. However, if you apply a lot you can get a decent coverage. I'm quite fond of IsaDora's wide brushes as they are so easy to use. Staying power on my nails is average, between 3-4 days.


O.P.I Ski Slope Sweetie
O.P.I Ski Slope Sweetie (close-up
O.P.I Ski Slope Sweetie is a part of Mariah Carey's collection for winter 2013 and definitely my favourite of all three I used today. It's white with gold, blue and pink shimmer running through which makes Ski Slope seem almost multidimensional. It can be a bit sheer when applied so I either layer it on the top of a white nail polish or use three layers for full opacity. Its staying power is amazing and, despite all the glitter, the polish is easy to remove.

And now the finished look:



I used Eveline Diamond Hard and Shiny Nails as a base coat and Seche Vite as my top coat to add a bit of extra shine and longevity. 
Left: Seche Vite and Eveline Diamond Hard and Shiny Nails

What are your ideas for Christmas-themed nails?

No comments:

Post a Comment